re: Subject: A Solution for sniffing

From: shawnmer (shawnmer@io.com)
Date: 12/20/02

    Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:00:46 -0600 (CST)
    From: shawnmer <shawnmer@io.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    Don't think I saw this mentioned:

    SniffDet - Remote Sniffer Detection Tool/Library
    http://sniffdet.sourceforge.net/

    Thanks,

    -scm

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: A Solution for sniffing
      ... I've only heard/read of ways to protect against attacks on switches ... If you're a sniffer, your machine should be as discreet as you want it to be ... >Subject: Re: A Solution for sniffing ... >causing more problems associated with flooding a network. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [inbox] Re: Counter detect Network Sniffer
      ... > to communicate with the sniffing system. ... It is not difficult to devise a sniffer detection ... Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: A Solution for sniffing
      ... database or something that sounds interesting. ... for sure if someone is sniffing. ... arp-cache, in your switches. ... your connection on a sniffer attempt, and that would be all you could do! ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: A Solution for sniffing
      ... Not only DNS, but IMO a lot things should not be run on the sniffer machine ... Subject: A Solution for sniffing ... Don't know about your network, but I know I would not want to add the extra ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: A Solution for sniffing
      ... The Sniffer is now incapeable of transmitting and is ... There ARE ways to detect sniffing, ... Sniffing places the network device into promiscous mode. ... > least is by switching from a hub type network ...
      (Security-Basics)