Re: A Solution for sniffing

From: Matti Haack (matti@mattis.de)
Date: 12/18/02

    Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:37:07 +0100
    From: Matti Haack <matti@mattis.de>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Found this on Google

    http://www.securiteam.com/tools/Neped_-_Detect_sniffers_on_your_local_network.html

    Matti

    > Hello Folks,
    > I think i am being sniffed by somone on my network, and i was wondering. is
    > there an application to check wether i am being sniffed or not, and if i
    > was, how can i fix that ?(like PGP for mail, what about other protocols)

    > P.S. : Running Linux Slackware 8.1 (if that would help)

    > cheers,
    > Fadi R. Khouja

    -
    Matti Haack - Hit Haack IT Service Gmbh
    Neuburger Strasse 35, D-94032 Passau
    +49 851 50477-22 Fax: +49 851 50477-29
    http://www.haack-it.de

    Relevant Pages

    • A Solution for sniffing
      ... Hello Folks, ... I think i am being sniffed by somone on my network, ... there an application to check wether i am being sniffed or not, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Observations from an old timer playing with 64 bit numbers...
      ... network byte order is be. ... When you grep be32 you are getting both conversions so you are ... application developers do think in terms of the ntohl/htonl macros. ... see an uptake in the use of them unless we educate folks. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Observations from an old timer playing with 64 bit numbers...
      ... On Jun 23, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Luigi Rizzo wrote: ... are nice but are not expected so folks seem to not use them. ... network byte order is be. ... application developers do think in terms of the ntohl/htonl macros. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: DSL Modem ?
      ... The folks who ran the wire to YOUR "home" location. ... I'm not comforted by comparing to NIS.. ... Would NOT even dream of using M$oft Network anything.. ... So most of my "Security" efforts involve disabling as much as I CAN.. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: SPP and the Trans Texas Corridor
      ... I've never delved into 'black helicopter crap'. ... That big network of roads.... ... those folks who claim to be abducted by aliens. ... If your cites were worth anything, ...
      (rec.autos.driving)