RE: XP admin shares

From: Chris Berry (compjma@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/11/02

    From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:03:17 -0800

    Okay, I know how to disable the default admin shares, but honestly how many
    people actually do this. I know that for my situation it would make my life
    much more difficult, and as long as they are set so that only admins can get
    into them, I don't see the security risk, I mean if someone obtains admin
    priviledges on your network you're pretty much hosed anyways.

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Live dangerously, overclock your servers."