RE: XP admin shares

From: Chris Berry (compjma@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/11/02

    From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@hotmail.com>
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:03:17 -0800

    Okay, I know how to disable the default admin shares, but honestly how many
    people actually do this. I know that for my situation it would make my life
    much more difficult, and as long as they are set so that only admins can get
    into them, I don't see the security risk, I mean if someone obtains admin
    priviledges on your network you're pretty much hosed anyways.

    Chris Berry
    compjma@hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

    • XPpro a small peer-to-peer network problem!
      ... Okay I am wanting to connect 3 PCs all preloaded with Win ... Okay I have one machine SALE anougther ADMIN, ... The idea is that on the PC 'FILES' shall be two folders ...
    • Re: OT: Sick Leave
      ... Yep cause any real admin worth their weight would laugh in their ... Some of those really low level jobs don't have them. ... The kinda fat bitch that if she broke her leg, ... The other one is okay, but she's has only been here a couple months and simply hasn't turned into a complete bitch yet. ...
      (alt.2600)
    • Re: remote cluster administration APIs
      ... > plz run it from one of the cluster nodes and send me the output. ... > If you are okay with sending the above info, then plz send that to my email. ... > MSCS Admin Tools STE ... >>> MSCS Admin Tools STE ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
    • Re: Warnungseinstellungen des Sicherheitscenters greyed
      ... Aber jetzt mal im Ernst, Herrand *scheint* selber der Admin zu sein und diese Systemrichtlinie müsste ja *explizit" hinzugefügt worden sein, warum weiss er dann von nichts? ... Okay, dies ist mehr eine Frage an den OP als an dich. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
    • Re: using EVERYONE FULL on ADMIN$ shares -GOOD or BAD ?
      ... Permissions on the admin$ share are set by the OS and you can't modify them. ... > IF it is NOT Okay to use on the ADMIN Shares of a server ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)