RE: XP admin shares
From: Anthony, Shayla (email@example.com)
- Previous message: Sarbjit Singh Gill: "RE: Single sign on"
- Maybe in reply to: Leon Pholi: "XP admin shares"
- Next in thread: flur: "Re: XP admin shares"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:28:46 -0500 From: "Anthony, Shayla" <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: <email@example.com>
To permanently disable default administrative shares:
1. Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Shared Folders / Shares.
2. Right-click the administrative share you wish to disable and press Stop sharing.
Double click on AutoShareServer and set it to 0 to disable it for a server.
Double click on AutoShareWks and set it to 0 to disable it for a workstation.
If the entries are not present, Add Value of type REG_DWORD. The Range is 0 (disable) or 1 (enable - the default).