Re: ICMP on port 3

From: Tony Meman (none@superig.com.br)
Date: 12/06/02

    Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 19:30:13 -0200
    From: Tony Meman <none@superig.com.br>
    To: emmanuel.siegel@ota.fr.socgen.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ICMP doesnt use ports, what made you think it was port 3? Maybe you confused
    with ICMP Type or Code. Can you check that?

    Regards,

    --
    none
    emmanuel.siegel@ota.fr.socgen.com wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >i have a strange communication between two of my Linux server, it's ICMP
    >packet on port 3.
    >Do you know what it could be ?
    >
    >Thks
    >
    >Emmanuel

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: ipfw-ntad-jail
      ... > Ok, so I setup IPFW and NATd on my freeBSD 4.5-RELEASE box, ... > host (dagobah) ... > allow ftp (port 21) ... > add 00600 allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 3 ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Survive without ICMP?
      ... ICMP resides above IP protocol, ... it receives a UDP or TCP packet on port 0 would be packets ... ICMP Type 3 Code 3 (Port unreachable). ... when it receives a TCP packet to a forbidden port which may ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Survive without ICMP?
      ... > an Orion modem, Linksys programmable router, three machines ... > Linksys router responding to port 0 requests. ... > a timestamp ICMP did make it through to our hack testing. ... > the ICMP packet for a netmask. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Keine ICMP Replys mit NAT unter Windows 2003 Server SR2
      ... Windows wohl nichts anderes übrigbleiben als "Port and Address ... Protokollen wie ICMP, die keine Ports haben... ... Und wieso funktionierts dann bei uns allen? ... Port Address Translation extends the notion of translation one step ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.networking)
    • Re: nmap and icmp-replies
      ... Since UDP is stateless, it's the only way a stack can "tell" a port is closed/filtered. ... Even if you send a packet to an open UDP Port, depending on the protocol your scanner has to send a valid payload to get an answer. ... If your target sends ICMP Dest-Unrecheachables, ... You have an option to go with a managed service or an enterprise software. ...
      (Pen-Test)