Re: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: John Dow (
Date: 12/08/02

    Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:50:05 +0000
    From: John Dow <>

    On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 05:42 PM, Jebb Stewart wrote:

    > Courtney,
    > One program I am aware of to remove adware and spyware is ad-aware by
    > lavasoft Has any body used this?
    Aye, I use ad-aware on our windows boxes - it does seem very effective.
    Even on a (relatively) clean windows 2000 install, it will pick up, at
    least, some less than honourable cookies, and even the odd program.

    Of course, there's no telling what ad-aware itself is installing ;-)

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Internet Explorer ILLEGAL OPERATION invalid page fault in module DGNDI.DLL
      ... So, download the ... latest version of Ad-aware from ... Install any available updates. ... > Internet Explorer ILLEGAL OPEARATION ...
    • Re: [hlp] C:WINDOWSsystem32 at startup, nothing working so far
      ... running IE after you close the folder, ... so maybe it's the entry for Ad-Aware. ... I also would like for you to get and install the following ... But it may *NOT* need the quote marks. ...
    • Re: HOW to DELETE XpressUpdate from CONTROL PANEL in WinXP [2]
      ... [[If you are new to Ad-Aware, we strongly recommend that you read the Help ... > SpywareBlaster is completely different than all the others on the ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without ...
    • Re: registry????
      ... STEPS TO REMOVE STUBBORN SPYWARE and ADWARE ... Go to and download a free copy of Ad-Aware. ... Hit the System ... likely won't install spyware or adware on your system. ...
    • Re: HELP!
      ... Almost every time I would run Ad-Aware, ... >>virus is probably active in memory. ... >>from the CD and let it do a complete install. ... >>connection, or the broadband modem, whichever you use, ...