Re: How to authentificate an user via telephon?

From: Gene (gyoo@attbi.com)
Date: 12/06/02

    Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:48:04 -0800
    From: Gene <gyoo@attbi.com>
    To: Valter Santos <vsantola@devfusion.net>

    Valter,

    I do agree with on your point, if social engineering is involved, and as
    attempt is made by someone with the utmost desire to get through would
    be able to obtain, any means necessary to get the information they
    require by doing recon on human infrastructure. Let's not forget about
    the good ole days of trash dumping, since I know that many
    administrator/organization fails to follow direction on shredding
    "internal" document. OT, I'm sure we couldn't find anything from our
    buddies at arthur anderson, since I heard that they did a pretty good
    job at shredding :).

    I don't believe that there is a 100% full proof solution, but there are
    some best practices with points of failure, or rather point of interest
    for the intruders.

    I don't think there would ever be a "perfect world" scenerio in the
    current security industry.

    Gene

    --
    Gene Yoo, gyoo@attbi.com