Re: Low end machines for Firewall/IDS

From: radar@radar.ath.cx
Date: 12/02/02

    Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:31:38 -0500 (EST)
    From: <radar@radar.ath.cx>
    To: <ALBEER@kitty-hawk.navy.mil>

    > Does anybody know of any good locations online to purchase old 486
    > machines or low end Pentium machines for use as a Firewall and/or IDS?
    > I've tried searching on google and just keeping getting links to
    > Pentium 4 computers. I will be using either a Linux or BSD flavor on
    > these machines.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Russell

    Online Communities (bulletin boards) sometimes have hardware trading
    forums. You're bound to have luck in some of those. Try
    http://www.linuxnewbie.org as a starting place.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Low end machines for Firewall/IDS
      ... >> Does anybody know of any good locations online to purchase old 486 ... >> machines or low end Pentium machines for use as a Firewall and/or IDS? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Low end machines for Firewall/IDS
      ... Does anybody know of any good locations online to purchase old 486 ... or low end Pentium machines for use as a Firewall and/or IDS? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Low end machines for Firewall/IDS
      ... Does anybody know of any good locations online to purchase old 486 machines ... or low end Pentium machines for use as a Firewall and/or IDS? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: compromised machines
      ... > IDS, remember...they are signature-based. ... >> list of machines. ... >> these and any IDS signatures for these. ... >> latest Norton Antivirus definitions.? ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: 10.FC3 vs 10.FC5
      ... We are planning to use ER between 2 Solaris machines - we can choose ... either IDS 10.FC3 on both machines or 10.FC5 on both machines. ... I don't know about my liveliehood, ...
      (comp.databases.informix)