Re: Re[2]: Protect folder data.

From: Thomas Sjögren (
Date: 11/28/02

    From: Thomas Sjögren <>
    To: mutante <>,
    Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:36:15 +0100

    On Thursday 28 November 2002 02:28, mutante wrote:
    > I recommend you use GPG instead of PGP ,PGP`s source code isnt
    > released anymore and there are rumours about a backdoor.
    "PGP 8.0 will also mark PGP's next source code release, allowing
    continued peer review of our technology."

    -- | |

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Into the Fire
      ... > source code open source too because they may have used some ideas from ... The `original' PGP program /was/ free. ... executable object release package to as many BBS's as possible. ...
    • Re: For PGP Users-Likes and Dislikes of PGP
      ... That may be true for the public key crypto parts. ... for the PGP Whole Disk part is incomplete. ... He said that the source code is incomplete ... "use executable code versions of PGP software programs ...
    • Re: Alternative to PGP solutions
      ... My main gripe against GPG is ... designed to be intimidating or inaccessible to the average user. ... Subject: Alternative to PGP solutions ... > believe the CKT builds are based off of the PGPi source code. ...
    • Re: the safety of gnupg
      ... Who has actually checked the source code for it to ... see whether it's trustworthy, etc? ... it ought to be verified as safe. ... the mathematics of how to do PGP would seem to be considered as ...
    • Re: a couple PGP questions
      ... As I understand it, if it were open source, then others would be ... the only builds that I'm aware of PGP owners ever ... >>versions have complete source code available for review. ...