RE: Protect folder data.

From: Nero, Nick (Nick.Nero@disney.com)
Date: 11/26/02

    Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:59:21 -0500
    From: "Nero, Nick" <Nick.Nero@disney.com>
    To: "dennis" <dennis@unixqi.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.net>

    Yep, you are correct. It is RC4-40bit, I believe. Problem is, it is
    NOT just password protected. It uses a mini-PKI (unless you have a real
    PKI) and only that user's cert or the admin's can recover it. If both
    certs are lost, so is your data.

    As a side, the laptop recovered last fall by a reporter from CNN that
    was formally a computer used by Al-Qaeda had the hard drives encrypted
    with Win2k EFS. The FBI was able to brute force the 40bit keyspace in a
    week and discover the data!

    Nick Nero
    CISSP, MCSE, CCNA