Re: TCP vs UDP II

From: Alevizos Dimos (dimos@alevizos.gr)
Date: 11/13/02

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:09:29 +0200
From: Alevizos Dimos <dimos@alevizos.gr>
To: Pablo Gietz <pablo.gietz@nuevobersa.com.ar>

I think it depends... I know for sure that ettercap (on linux) can
hijack a tcp connection and inject whatever data the intruder wants
(it's child's play for instance to hijack a telnet to a router and send
back to the operator fake answers from the router)...
But in order to do that it has to be on the same lan (it can work even
in switched lans) with one of the two machines...
If you're talking about some guy who's miles away to be able to hijack a
telnet connection from you to some other machine... i don't know... :-)