MPLS - any Security Holes known?

From: DocValde (
Date: 11/14/02

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:39:57 +0100
From: DocValde <>

Hi everybody,

MPLS (Multi Protocol Label Switching) seems to be a quite exotic technology since it is
only interesting for providers or big companies, so my search for any known weaknesses is
still a little bit successless. I only found a test report at, who are
quite "Cisco friendly" and some information by Michael Behringer from Cisco Systems, which
are "just" the official stuff...

I would appreciate any further information on MPLS security, since Nortel Networks stated
it as "much buggy", but do not explain that "much" (Anyone from Nortel reading?).
Personal mail responses are welcome, and of course kept personal.

Best regards and TIA,

Malte von dem Hagen

web: eMail: icq: 71581747