RE: Symantec Corporate AntiVirus 8.0 - thoughts

From: Paul Carroll (PaulC@CLC.PITT.EDU)
Date: 11/09/02

From: Paul Carroll <PaulC@CLC.PITT.EDU>
To: "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:40:18 -0500

I have a single server setup with Live Update on a very regular time
interval.

Servers then access the LiveUpdate server for any new Updates and install
them as required. Client machines are then access/updated thorough specified
servers on a daily basis, during off-peak, and staggered intervals. Using
this approach means machines are kept up to date with no bandwidth issues.

Just another 0.02c worth. Hope it helps.

Paul J Carroll
Technical Manager
Computer Learning Center