TCP vs UDP

From: Roberto Ramsis (robertoramsis@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/08/02

From: "Roberto Ramsis" <robertoramsis@hotmail.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:23:27 +0200

hello
thanks to everyone who replied to my last msg
what's the difference between a port TCP and UDP?
i am talking from a firewall concept,i want to know ,if i need to block a
port,when should i block TCP and when UDP and when both?
Thanks in advance

  • Re: TCP vs UDP
    ... >>> thanks to everyone who replied to my last msg ... >>> what's the difference between a port TCP and UDP? ... >>> block a port,when should i block TCP and when UDP and when both? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: pf - howto enable connection between 2 win2k PCs w2k<>$ext_if<[OBSD-pf]>$int_if<&
    ... > Could someone give me a hint? ... which port tcp and udp and how should be ... have to setup samba on your openbsd machine so it will work as wins server ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Easy RRAS VPN question
    ... When NAT-T is used port 1701 UDP ... to go through a firewall directly then port 1701 UDP needs to be open. ... >> accessed from the internet. ...
  • Re: Connecting to a Zeroconfig/Avahi printer
    ... Is there a way for Fedora to use it via Avahi, ... udp dpt:isakmp ... tcp dpt:ipp ... TCP port 9100 in your firewall? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: bind() udp behavior 2.6.8.1
    ... Allowing a high numbered udp port to remain ... The firewall should allow traffic from the same ip:port to the other ... ip:port and from no other server on the net. ... You new session is totally ...
    (Linux-Kernel)