Re: Sendmail virus scanner

From: simsjs (sims@interex.org)
Date: 10/29/02

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:50:06 -0800
From: "simsjs" <sims@interex.org>
To: "security-basics" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

If you just want to do something with attachments and not actually scan for viruses. you can try sanitizer located at http://mailtools.anomy.net/

This will either defang or drop emails based on attachments. You can quarentine the emails along with many other things. It runs in conjuntion with procmail and has faily low overhead. There is also a perl filter called Milter, but I haven't used this one yet. Sanitizer seems to be doing a good enough job.

Jeff