Re: Sendmail virus scanner

From: Chris Albert (christopher.albert@sympatico.ca)
Date: 10/25/02

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:01:27 -0400
From: Chris Albert <christopher.albert@sympatico.ca>
To: felix@eurasia.qodiga.com

felix@eurasia.qodiga.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. Do you know if
> there are any script or daemon to do that?.
>
> I want to parse all mails looking for .exe, .vbs or some others file
> attachments to block it (not to block emails, just block the
> attachment).
>
> Thank you for your help!
>

> Felix
> sorry for my poor english

Mailscanner works with several anti-virus products,
as well as integrating Spamassassin. It is excellent
with a very helpful mailing list.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can not send mail from bash script
    ... > I have created a little script that is running as daemon (it is hard ... > refused from sendmail. ... > I have no idea why it refuses it ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Sendmail virus scanner
    ... >if there are any script or daemon to do that?. ... Can't help you there, I don't use sendmail. ... > attachments to block it (not to block emails, ... You could easily do this with a Perl script. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Sendmail virus scanner
    ... >> I'm looking for a virus scanner to use under sendmail. ... >>if there are any script or daemon to do that?. ... >> attachments to block it (not to block emails, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • binding problem during boot
    ... I installed sendmail from the ports in FreeBSD v.8.0 and configured it according to the Handbook ... Sendmail starts well from script /etc/rc.d/sendmail. ... Similar problem is with daemon ntpd which binds always two times in the boot process: ... unable to bind to wildcard socket address 0.0.0.0 - another process ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Sendmail virus scanner
    ... there are any script or daemon to do that?. ... I want to parse all mails looking for .exe, ... attachments to block it (not to block emails, ...
    (Security-Basics)