RE: WIRELESS THEFT

From: Leon Ward (leon.ward@added-dimension.co.uk)
Date: 10/21/02

From: Leon Ward <leon.ward@added-dimension.co.uk>
To: "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:44:40 +0100

Would it also come down to trespass?
Just a thought...

nard
http://www.nardware.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert J. Young [mailto:rjyoung@frankie.ca]
Sent: 18 October 2002 17:26
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: WIRELESS THEFT

It's a theft of service. The wireless part is not relevant. This is
the same as if you hooked a telephone up to a phone line in your
neighbour's house without his permission. The fact that they have
poorly secured their services doesn't make this less illegal. Maybe you
should tell them about their problem, though.

--

rjyoung@frankie.ca http://www.frankie.ca

This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery. For more information contact postmaster@added-dimension.co.uk.

This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery. We recommend that all attachments are also checked by recipients before being viewed. For more information contact postmaster@added-dimension.co.uk.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: WIRELESS THEFT
    ... A violation is a violation. ... People, who contest the fact that it's a theft of service, is justifying the violation. ... Subject: WIRELESS THEFT ... :"that means harmful interference to other devices" ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Friends and Genes Reunited bought by ITV for 270 million
    ... >the company which is generating the junk mail has a contract with the ... >Royal Mail to deliver the items. ... >> He can't be charged with theft unless he actually steals it. ... >I believe the Royal Mail regards the non delivery of items as theft. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Done for Vehicle Tax on car no longer owned - help
    ... days you will claim legal ownership of it and have it towed away. ... that you sold it to him, you could end up being charged with theft. ... precludes the car tax? ... Ah fetch it yourself if you can't wait for delivery ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Should Police be involved for courier problem
    ... >>Why is theft a civil matter? ... The parcel wasn't delivered, the person ordering ... Where was the theft? ... That the delivery driver claims delivery to a portakabin that doesn't ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Friends and Genes Reunited bought by ITV for 270 million
    ... > I believe the Royal Mail regards the non delivery of items as theft. ... Not if it returned to the office with a reason for non-delivery. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)