Lisntener on ports 137, 138, 139

From: Rune Berntzen (rbern8@online.no)
Date: 10/16/02

From: "Rune Berntzen" <rbern8@online.no>
To: "Security Basics" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:37:26 +0200

Hi all,

When checking port activity using TCPView I notice that I have a
listener on ports 137,138 and 139.
The Local Address seems to be from a Class B network, 169.254.0.0
which I trace to something called=20

BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG

using SmartWhois.

The funny thing is that the LISTENING entries are visible in TCPView
even before I connect to my ADSL provider.

Anybody has an idea about what this can be.

BTW, I am running Norton Internet Security 2001 with updatet virus
definitions.

Thanks in advance,
Rune

Relevant Pages

  • Listener on ports 137, 138, 139
    ... When checking port activity using TCPView I notice that I have a = ... listener on ports 137,138 and 139. ... The funny thing is that the LISTENING entries are visible in TCPView = ... I am running Norton Internet Security 2001 with updatet virus = ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Listener on ports 137, 138, 139