Re: Somebody saw this trojan ?

From: Mike Dresser (
Date: 10/07/02

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mike Dresser <>
To: Bassam ALHUSSEIN <>

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Bassam ALHUSSEIN wrote:

> Hello ..
> Well, I have some basic concepts about viruses and security. I am using NAV
> 2001 with the virus definitions of 16/09/2002 and it generally scans the
> incoming emails. but after reading that email I noticed that NAV is not
> running +ACEAIQAh-

Your outdated virus definitions missed the BugBear trojan.

As well, you should patch up your outlook express to something that
doesn't autorun attachments via exploits/bugs.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Various Vulnerabilities in Norton Anti-Virus 2002
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: ... Edvice recently tested NAV 2002's ability to detect viruses in incoming ... formats in some instances causes Norton AntiVirus 2002 to prematurely ... to exclude the file from being scanned. ...
  • Re: windows security center
    ... As long as your NAV runs OK don't worry about the security alert or ... You know enough about security to not need nanny nag reminders about ... if your NAV is not running / intermittant and / or won't start you ... need to get it re-installed its the only way to fix Norton Stuff. ...
  • Re: Started Over, Again
    ... My Security Center DOES NOT recognise the Nortons Virus. ... done to have Windows keep monitoring my Virus program. ... NAV, there is a patch for the recognition on Symantec's website. ... you should just turn off the Security Center alert. ...
  • Re: Worm.Automat.AHB Worm (also perhaps known as W32.Swen.A@mm
    ... I have checked my NAV and it says fully protected on ... incoming emails. ... >> I am also using Norton, and it is catching and deleting ... >> the ones that have the bogus message from Microsoft, ...
  • Re: SP 2--anti virus
    ... Agreed the whole Security Center thing is redundant. ... >> If you have NAV 2004, when you use Live Update it will apply a patch ... >> that will enable Security Center to see NAV. ... It's no improvement to be able to see that virus ...