help with network problem

From: Irene (xie@proexam.org)
Date: 09/12/02

Date: 12 Sep 2002 21:24:23 -0000
From: Irene <xie@proexam.org>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

Hi,

Recently, I have found that I am not able to browser one website at home.
( Only that website so far). I am able to ping it and got reply really
fast, but when I use IE to browser it, it just keeps going and going and
never stops. No even general "page not found" error message. I can access
that website in some other places. The other computers on the same LAN can
access that website. I tried to put ip address instead of domain name, but
it doesnt make any difference. I have updated my IE to IE6 and put all the
patches and checked all the options in advance options. Doesnt help. I
dont know what to do with it. I do can telnet to that site though.

Does anyone have a clue? Isnt it weird?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Irene

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Slow Downloads
    ... The link I provided was for Broadband Reports, not Cox. ... comfortable switching from IE to another browser. ... Are there any Web sites that cause no problems at all? ... America's website takes a long time to load. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: single page apps, URL hash setting, bookmarking, & the back button.
    ... illusion for users with no expectations to begin with. ... Incompetence and broken browser behavior were definite factors (with ... links because they find the website hard to use, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • ScreenScraping and Viewstate
    ... I've used a tool that echos what my browser submits to the website ... I can successfully parse the viewstate from the page. ... Can someone explain the encoding to me? ...
  • Re: Most ridiculous website?
    ... software-capability program just so they can view or navigate a website. ... always with a text browser. ... I was taught accessibility by my poor and handicapped friends and I ... The Internet should be for everyone. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Highjacked homepage
    ... This may be caused by spyware/malware that's gotten installed on ... Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy ... section, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions", click Apply, click ... website, while the website of choice is unobtainable also this website has ...