Re: RF Keyboards

From: Chris Berry (compjma@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/11/02

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@hotmail.com>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:43:38 -0700

    As a former Marine who worked in a secure area, off hand I'd say thats
probably not a good product to be using. If you have to use wireless (and I
don't know why you would), I'd suggest infra-red, much less chance of
interception. Of course, you could always encrypt the transmission, but I
doubt that would be practical. In general however, I'd assume that the
problems would be similiar to 802.11a&b you might want to read up on that.
Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs.

>From: justin.cohen@us.army.mil
>To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
>Subject: RF Keyboards
>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:22:26 -0400
>

>Has anyone implemented any policies regarding RF keyboards
>(and/or other peripherals)? Recently, there has been some
>debate within my office of the feasibility of remote
>keystroke logging from these devices and I was wondering
>if anyone has researched this topic or done any testing.
>

>Thanks,
>
>~Justin

Chris Berry
compjma@hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Ask me for the impossible and I'll do it immediately, miracles take a
little longer."

  • Buttons/switchs
    ... I have 4 computers, so I guess thats ... Not counting my keyboards I have 53 other buttons. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: if robby laid his ween on a keyboard...
    ... Cosmosuavapolitan) wrote: ... you guys must have keyboards ... made in mexico or something. ... thats where all the best stuff comes from. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)