Re: Linux VPN (again)

From: Robert Claeson (robert@acme.tm)
Date: 09/09/02

From: Robert Claeson <robert@acme.tm>
To: John Horne <J.Horne@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: 09 Sep 2002 17:45:15 +0200

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 19:51, John Horne wrote:

> In that respect does anyone run a vpn service supporting several hundred
> users?

Yes, but we ended up switching to Cisco equipment and Cisco's VPN client
software (licenses are included in the purchase of Cisco PIX and Cisco
VPN Concentrators, so there's no additional cost involved).

> If so how are they authenticated?

Through Radius. We use FreeRadius.

--
The very remembrance of my former misfortune proves a new one to me.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Site-to-Site VPN
    ... NetVanta router, cant split them up due to our need for the lines for ... I have static at the main office, not sure about the remote. ... VPN between ASA and NetVanta Situation: The client creates a site to site VPN between Cisco ASA5510 and NetVanta 2054, ...
  • Re: home network problems
    ... Deterministic Network Enhancer is one item installed by Cisco 3000 VPN. ... firewall softwall can be found. ...
  • Re: A RAS/VPN "Is it just me?" question
    ... You have a T1 at the office connected to a Cisco ... Then you say you have a Dlink at the office and a Dlink at ... If you are adventurous you could have me try to vpn from one of my ... >> router? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: L2TP/IPSec Client VPN Kills Passthrough IPSec VPN
    ... Once you added the Cisco Router for the S2S-VPN it *became* the primary LAN ... The Default Gateway of the Cisco box needs to be the ISA, ... the "P" in the VPN means. ... RRAS starts on the ISA server, after setting up the client remote access, ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: Cisco 3015 concentrator VPN bruteforce? And proxy with easy header rewrite?
    ... Cisco 3015 concentrator VPN bruteforce? ... Packet is encapsulated in TCP 10000 after the IPSec ...
    (Pen-Test)