RE: Backups

From: John Canty (John.Canty@Vibro-Meter.com)
Date: 08/16/02

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:39:15 -0400
From: "John Canty" <John.Canty@Vibro-Meter.com>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

That was unbelievably funny, but to keep this on topic.
Here we use the following

DDS 3/4 - 4 drives on 2 computers. 2 on the exchange box, 2 on the
NFS/DC
DDS 4 Autoloader on the second domain controller
AIT-1 Second Exchange box

Why, AIT has some decent speed, I was also looking for a route of
migration AIT holds a lot more than your average dds tape.

Security concerns, Obviously physical security.
We are parked right next to an airport, so our disaster recovery plan is
pretty robust in the way of having multiple off-site backups floating
around. Once off-site make sure they remain secure as well.

All the obvious
//John