Re: Norton Antivirus Client

From: tekmann (tekmann100@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/16/02

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: tekmann <tekmann100@yahoo.com>
To: Diab Hitti <DHitti@rocktenn.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com

You could write a script that would update Norton
Clients when the user logs in. I have a mixed
Norton/Mcafee environment and update each client
through their login script. If you are interested, I
can e-mail you my Norton script.

Another suggestion would be to run the update script
from the scheduler on W2K or whatever your win32
flavors are. My script runs in W2K, NT 4 and 9X.

--- Diab Hitti <DHitti@rocktenn.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Simple question I cannot confirm on Symantec's
> "knowledge base". Its so pathetic!
>
> Would like to manage Norton Antivirus Clients 8.0
> and 7.5 and update their virus definitions files
> from a centralized server located in the Protected
> Network. The Clients are installed on servers in the
> DMZ. I believe FTP is used for updates. What ports
> are used to manage those clients using Symantec's
> System management console?
> I am also open for alternatives or security
> implications other then the obvious opening more
> holes in the firewall.
> Thanks

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: slow logon
    ... in the logon time have been reduced so far. ... update the time for the clients that talk to the dc as the logon server. ... start up script in AD to apply updates to the clients machines which is ...
  • Re: slow logon
    ... that i tell the software not to restart the services when new virus updates ... update the time for the clients that talk to the dc as the logon server. ... > We have a Start up script and a login script for users as well as> folder ...
  • Re: slow logon
    ... DNS is AD integrated and we have dhcp servers ... All clients are XP pro sp2. ... Not everyday is updates applied ... Make sure that the script detects if that update already has been made, ...
  • slow logon
    ... All clients are XP pro sp2. ... We have a Start up script and a login script for users as well as folder ... start up script in AD to apply updates to the clients machines which is ... The client powers on the pc and within 1 minute he or she sees the logon ...
  • Re: Error using LDAP query
    ... If your clients are XP, they have the ADSystemInfo object, so don't worry ... Most likely all of your users have "Domain Users" as their ... member of at least 2 other groups, ... Your script runs without error for me when I am logged into a ...