Firewall for Reuters or Bloomberg

From: Khuzairi Yahaya (khuzairi@seccom.com.my)
Date: 08/15/02

From: "Khuzairi Yahaya" <khuzairi@seccom.com.my>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:24:57 +0800

Hello all,

I have Reuters and Bloomberg realtime datafeed application
which go thru our LAN. I need to put a firewall in between. Is there
any specific issues for me to consider? Have anyone implemented something
similar?
I am looking at router based and PC based firewall at the moment.

Any suggestion will help a lot! The Security admin is on my back
every minute..

Thanks

Kuzek

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How save is a Windows PC on a Linux network.
    ... firewall between the dialup and the internal lan. ... Being of sound mind and body, I never surf with the Windows machine and ... Assuming you trust your firewall, and you know what's running on the ... I have to have it on the lan to access the Linux servers but sometimes it ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: OWA
    ... 'Thats good news at least about the firewall. ... Tried them both earlier and same error message - 403. ... get ths same error message in and outside of the LAN? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: How to stealth against ping/echo requests?
    ... I just started using the Online-Armor firewall. ... Some ports are even open. ... Are you behind a router? ... Every time it founds a new LAN, it asks if you want to trust it ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Wohin mit dem OpenVPN Server?
    ... Ich geb dem Server eine öffentliche IP und setze ihn in die DMZ, ... Adresse über die Firewall von der DMZ aus ins LAN verbinden... ... Ein kompromittierter VPN-Server ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: [SLE] Firewall zones
    ... Looking at the firewall configuration in Yast, ... My network card is assigned its IP address by the router using DHCP. ... It connects to the LAN and to the router; the router in turn talks to the ... All the systems on the LAN are supposed to have the same firewall protection, ...
    (SuSE)