Win Passwords and John

From: ullmic6@web.de
Date: 08/13/02

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:49:27 +0200
From: "ullmic6@web.de" <ullmic6@web.de>
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

I have a copy of my WinXP SAM file and I would like to feed it to John
the Ripper to see if John can crack my passwords. How can I transfer the
SAM file to a format that is readable for John the Ripper. I don't want
to use pwdump to retrieve the SAM info from my running system. I don't
want to use L0phtCrack. Maybe somebody on this list knows a utility for
the transfomation I am looking for?
Thanx.

--

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Win Passwords and John
    ... ::: I have a copy of my WinXP SAM file and I would like to feed it to ... ::: John the Ripper to see if John can crack my passwords. ... I don't want to use L0phtCrack. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Win Passwords and John
    ... i did it long time ago on a WinNT4.0 SAM-File. ... John splittet the long passes but he got them all. ... >I have a copy of my WinXP SAM file and I would like to ... >the Ripper to see if John can crack my passwords. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security - John the Ripper
    ... OpenVMS tries not to keep the original clear-text password around. ... the John The Ripper tool, ... You can't generally use a dictionary attack directly against OpenVMS ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: French - Dictionnary attack
    ... And hydra and john the ripper can plugin to Nessus as well. ... FREE WHITE PAPER - Wireless LAN Security: What Hackers Know That You Don't ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Cracking bigcrypt/crypt16 password hashes
    ... get John the Ripper and Crack to work with bigcrypt/crypt16. ...
    (Focus-Linux)