re: Issues with web/ADSL installation

From: H C (keydet89@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/13/02

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: H C <keydet89@yahoo.com>
To: federicopodista@libero.it, security-basics@securityfocus.com

The issue isn't with DSL...that's just a physical
medium. When it comes to security, you should be more
concerned w/ the configuration of your system.

Unfortunately, by the time you read this, you may
already have encountered security issues. After all,
you've made it clear that you are unfamiliar w/
security, and you've also stated the version of Linux
you've installed. That, w/ your web address,
basically identifies you as a target.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Relevant Pages

  • Solaris Security Summary
    ... Administering Security on the Solaris OE ... Configuration control, facility management, and system ... Authentication: The ability to prove who you are. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: DCOM calls fails - access denied
    ... That's exactly how I understood the ASP.NET security. ... But why does one configuration work but not the other? ... should get the token from IIS. ... If you set there a domain account, ...
  • [TOOL] LogAgent, ASCII Log Monitor
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... LogAgent tries to fill that gap by monitoring the log files on ... for network-wide log file centralization. ... # This program gets its configuration from the file config.txt, ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Security for 64 bit Vista Laptop
    ... Windows Defender is enabled, as is Windows firewall. ... I'd like to address strong security. ... Understanding and Configuring User Account Control in Windows Vista. ... Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration changes the browsing ...