Re: WEP alternativeFrom: Thomas C Kinnen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Shaolin Tiger: "Re: Cybercafe LAN security"
- In reply to: Nathan: "RE: WEP alternative"
- Next in thread: Aaron Maynard: "Re: WEP alternative"
- Next in thread: Corio, Jim: "RE: WEP alternative"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Thomas C Kinnen" <email@example.com> To: <SECURITY-BASICS@securityfocus.com> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:54:38 -0700
> I've set up a netgear wireless router in the office to allow greater
> mobility for the administrators. Is there any way, other than WEP encryption
> to secure this from unauthorized users ?
Not sure if the Netgear supports it but you could try EAP-TLS authenication on
the users when they connect via wireless to do certificate based authenication.
-- Thomas C Kinnen - RADIUS Engineer - LUCENT Technologies INS NavisRadius Forums: http://www.lucentradius.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi "All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's, unless they were given to me by my employer"