RE: Windows Patching

From: Mark Kelsay (mkelsay@Switchboard.com)
Date: 08/07/02

From: Mark Kelsay <mkelsay@Switchboard.com>
To: "'Dozal, Tim'" <tdozal@cisco.com>, "'security-basics@securityfocus.com'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:40:11 -0400

Easy:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=31154&area=featured
&ordinal=2

Harder:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/

What I use:

http://www.stbernard.com/products/updateexpert/products_updateexpert.asp

Mark Kelsay

-----Original Message-----
From: Dozal, Tim [mailto:tdozal@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 3:19 PM
To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
Subject: Windows Patching

What tool can be used to determine all MS patches and SP's on a machine?
I have full admin access to the machine, I just need a quick tool to
verify which patches and SP's have been installed. Thanks.

-Tim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Patching
    ... Subject: Windows Patching ... I have full admin access to the machine, I just need a quick tool to ... verify which patches and SP's have been installed. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Windows Patching
    ... Subject: Windows Patching ... What tool can be used to determine all MS patches and SP's on a machine? ... I have full admin access to the machine, I just need a quick tool to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Windows Patching
    ... > What tool can be used to determine all MS patches and SP's on a machine? ... > I have full admin access to the machine, I just need a quick tool to ... Go to Add/Remove programs. ... It lists them there. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: W2K patches
    ... More employment opportunities for job seekers! ... patches and viruses. ... learned the hard way that reacting to worms and viruses is much more costly ... heavily in migrating off the MS platform because Windows patching is ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Windows Patching
    ... It claims to only work on NT, but I have used it for NT, 2000, and XP machines without a hitch. ... It will only list the patches and service packs applied and it labels most with the knowledge base ... provided you have admin rights on the distant server. ... Subject: Re: Windows Patching ...
    (Security-Basics)