Re: RE:Sizing a Firewall for a Client

From: Vasiliy Boulytchev (linux@boulytcheva.com)
Date: 07/29/02

From: "Vasiliy Boulytchev" <linux@boulytcheva.com>
To: "trh" <mad.maximus@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:59:48 -0600

Well, Sonic Wall sucks. I'm not quit sure, SOMEONE CORRECT ME, but I think
Sonic Wall has a 35 mhz cpu. Even though if its running a dedicated OS, any
linux firewall would blow a tele out of the water. Plus Sonic Wall's vpn
sucks also. I have seen a PII 250 with mandrake 8.2 firewalling DS3s worth
of traffic 2.4.18 kernel with FreeSWAN for VPN solution. Only 128 meg of
ram. About 25 simultanious roadwarrior VPN clients. It smoked. If your
sonic wall can do that, let me know.

If you want regular office users administering your firewall rules,
then....... you dont need a firewall.

Regards,
Vasiliy Boulytchev
Colorado Information Technologies Inc.