Re: msn messenger protocol

From: Jeff Craig (craig@cs.montana.edu)
Date: 07/21/02

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:43:29 -0700
From: Jeff Craig <craig@cs.montana.edu>
To: KoRe MeLtDoWn <koremeltdown@hotmail.com>

KoRe MeLtDoWn wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could refer me to any texts; or websites which
> would allow me to learn the protocol the latest version is running on in
> order for me to make a version for my company.

There are several Open Source projects that work with the MSN Messenger
Protocol. Everybuddy <http://www.everybuddy.org/> has one of the best
Messenger implementations. For more examples do a search on
http://freshmeat.net/ for MSN, and it should turn up plenty of examples
of Open Source projects whose code you can study to fulfill your needs.

--
Jeff Craig
----------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crack MSN hashes?
    ... The MSN Messenger uses the MSNP Protocol. ... Trust everyone just don't trust the devil inside 'em ... Subject: Crack MSN hashes? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: MSN Messenger question
    ... I can't find the file mspclnt.ini on the client pc as mentioned in step 2. ... > 1) Add the following protocol rule and protocol definition for File ... > MSN MESSENGER SETTINGS FOR ISA2000 ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: MSN Messenger Webcam unter ISA2000
    ... Protocol Rule Name: MSN Msgr ... Initial Protocol Type: TCP ... > Ich habe eine Frage bezüglich der Webcam-Funktion von MSN Messenger. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)
  • Re: Encrypted traffic dropped?
    ... to encrypt my IM ... protocol they use... ... to SimpLite locally and SimpLite will exchange traffics with the MSN ... able to resume using MSN Messenger only after turning off SimpLite. ...
    (Security-Basics)