Windows 2000 Registry Monitoring

From: H C (keydet89@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/11/02

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:46:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: H C <keydet89@yahoo.com>
To: brahma@mendolink.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com

There is an API for monitoring the Registry, though I
don't know of any tools that do.

Win2K does have the capability to monitor the
Registry...enable auditing for File and Object Access,
and then set the SACLs for the Registry through regedt32.exe.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Windows 2000 Registry Monitoring
    ... additions, deletions and modifications. ... There is an API for monitoring the Registry, ... Sign up for SBC Yahoo! ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: blocking Kazaa and other P2P
    ... >> have still physical access the computer. ... >> They can reboot machine, insert floppy, load old registry etc... ... > consent to monitoring their computer activities, ... Deny ALL access to floppy drives, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: blocking Kazaa and other P2P
    ... > They can reboot machine, insert floppy, load old registry etc... ... they physically have someone on the firewall monitoring it at all ... I feel for you, dude. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • XP software accessibility
    ... SysInternals makes quite a few monitoring tools ... that you can use to see what files and registry keys are being accessed ... user rights to admin/system areas of the file system or registry. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: RegNotifyChangeKeyValue
    ... I use this function to monitor for all changes in registry in order to keep ... notification and actually refreshing my view. ... registry changes while renewing monitoring RegNotifyChangeKeyValue my ... > to call this api after every notification to renew the monitoring. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)