RE: don't deserve to be hacked?

From: Austin (austin@highstream.net)
Date: 06/19/02

From: "Austin" <austin@highstream.net>
To: "'Security-Basics List'" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:22:14 -0500

took me say 20 seconds on Google:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2104682,00.html

http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,5103462,00.html

http://online.securityfocus.com/news/336

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1129361

http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20020219S0011

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay D. Dyson [mailto:jdyson@treachery.net]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 6:57 PM
To: Security-Basics List
Subject: RE: don't deserve to be hacked?

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 security@rexwire.com wrote:

> I cant find the quote mentioned below on Zdnet's site can someone please
> point me to the article. I would like to read the whole article.
>
> > (ZDNET) - "If you spend more on coffee than you spend on IT security,
> > then you will be hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked." -
> > Richard Clarke, special adviser to the president on cyberspace
> > security.

        Good luck. I approached the original poster of the quote and he
couldn't recall where he'd found it. I scoured the ZDnet site as well and
came up empty.

        I too would be very interested in reading the entire article and a
URL would certainly be appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: dont deserve to be hacked?
  • RE: dont deserve to be hacked?
    ... > Hash: SHA1 ... >> I cant find the quote mentioned below on Zdnet's site can someone please ... Senior System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: dont deserve to be hacked?
    ... JayW ... Hash: SHA1 ... > I cant find the quote mentioned below on Zdnet's site can someone please ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [SLE] CUPS printer - SOLVED
    ... > Hash: SHA1 ... but I guess we don't deserve to know the solutin? ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: dont deserve to be hacked?
    ... the RSA Data Security Conference 2002 ... Hash: SHA1 ... > I cant find the quote mentioned below on Zdnet's site can someone please ...
    (Security-Basics)