Re: Need a Full Drive Encryption program

From: Ian Kelly (E2chameleon@btopenworld.com)
Date: 06/02/02

From: "Ian Kelly" <E2chameleon@btopenworld.com>
To: <brian.trotter@scottishre.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 03:37:43 +0100

Have a look at SafeBoot from Control Break (http://www.safeboot.com). They
have products that can do either pre-boot authentication with full disk
encryption or just folder encryption (they recently released V Disk that
creates virtual encrypted disks). Tokens are optional and when I last looked
it had quite a good key recovery mechanism. I don't believe that there is a
sales threshold for the product. I've spoken to Control Break and a reseller
about the products at various times and I don't remember minimum orders
being mentioned being mentioned.

Ian.