RE: badnwidth monitor

From: Munkhbayar.B (munkhbayar@mobicom.mn)
Date: 05/23/02

From: "Munkhbayar.B" <munkhbayar@mobicom.mn>
To: "Jesse Morgan" <jmorgan@design-plus.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:13:54 +0900

Hi there!

First of all you'll need to install and deploy some Proxy server on Linux.
(exam: http://www.ipcop.org/
,http://shorewall.net/,http://www.escalix.com/freepage/doggerdog/freesco/,
http://www.fwbuilder.org/,
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/DiskImages/Which14Me.htm,
http://www.kyb.uni-stuttgart.de/boris/software.shtml,
http://www.astaro.com/, Mandrake SNF
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/toprint/en-72SNF-sheet.pdf, )

And use some trafic shaping ware. We use iptraf here.

Or plug HUB on last connection to the router and Sniff that HUB (exam: NAI's
Sniffer). It'll do the trick.