Re: FW: badnwidth monitor

From: TheOg (theog@theog.org)
Date: 05/23/02

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:01:24 +0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
From: TheOg <theog@theog.org>
To: Jesse Morgan <jmorgan@design-plus.com>

Although it is possible you have a trojan on one or more computers
internally , but it might as well be someone FTPing a large file (a linux
iso etc....) from a nearby server , which will consume your T1 line (which
is not that large respectivly.

The options are quite simple (assuming you want to least changes possible)
, I'd enable SNMP on the router ( even though its not safe) and run mrtg
internally , and run a sniffer on the gateway to check packets traffic.

                      __/