RE: Encrypting e-mail

From: David Roux (dr@daveroux.net)
Date: 05/22/02

From: "David Roux" <dr@daveroux.net>
To: <terra209792@terra.es>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:59:26 -0400

You can also download NA's PGPfreeware 7.0.3, courtesy of c|net, at:
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10015289.html?legacy=cnet

The differences between the two are taken straight from the PGPi FAQ:

        1.5. How does PGPi differ from PGP?
        PGPi is basically the same version as PGP, but there are some important
differences:
        1. Use of RSA keys are supported (to ensure backwards compatibilty with PGP
2.x).
        2. The default keyserver is in Europe, not in USA.
        3. The source code for PGPi is available for download, so that you may
reveiew the code for any errors, backdoors, etc.
        4. PGPi has been ported to several new platforms, including MS-DOS, OS/2,
Amiga, Atari and various Unix variants.

-Dave