RE: Sysadmins and Security Patches

From: Williams, Larry (Larry.Williams@fiserv.com)
Date: 05/21/02

Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:10:14 -0500
From: "Williams, Larry" <Larry.Williams@fiserv.com>
To: "security-basics@securityfocus.com" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

Our security administrator position does not install any software or make any system changes. In this regard, the SecAdmin is the auditor/inspector and ensures that the all systems meet shop standards for security, and a member of the Change Control Committee that reviews newly available patches and upgrades. It is up to the SysAdmin to maintain his or her servers and ancillary systems and apply approved patches and upgrades when they're made available.