RE: Strange situation with outlook

From: ViriumGroup BugTraq (bugtraq@viriumgroup.com)
Date: 05/17/02

From: "ViriumGroup BugTraq" <bugtraq@viriumgroup.com>
To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:08:54 +1000

If you are running a Microsoft Exchange Server, I'm sure you have the option
of storing all emails remotely, on the Exchange Server, rather than
transferring the emails to the client box.

Even with 500 emails in the morning, it should load up instantly, as all you
are transferring is the subject field of 500 emails, rather than the entire
message. When the user opens an email, *THEN* the email will be fetched from
the server, but still reside on the server itself.

This allows several advantages, not least the faster initial load times, and
having your mail stored on the server in one location means that remote
access from home or abroad will still access all your emails.

Hope this helps...

Andrew Ho