RE: Sysadmins and Security Patches

From: James Liddil (jliddil@phytoceutica.com)
Date: 05/20/02

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:32:30 -0400
From: "James Liddil" <jliddil@phytoceutica.com>

We just started using update expert and find it works well. It is not
perfect and has some issues with office xp. But it is certainly nice to be
able to patch all the IE bugs at once etc.

Jim Liddil

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Sysadmins and Security Patches
    ... Subject: Sysadmins and Security Patches ... I would like to get a feel for how other shops handle this issue. ... security admin responsible for keeping about 140 servers, Unix and NT, up to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: The Common System Interface: Intels Future Interconnect
    ... You say "relative importance to Cust's" of the App is ... applications on special purpose servers that *should* be kept ... Lots of CPU cycles are available, so Why not take 5-10 Windows ... Wintel/Linux servers that need security patches every month. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Display Problems after Security Patch Installation
    ... I have several 2003 servers that have graphics problems after the ... installation of one to the two security patches ained at the graphics ... All are HP servers with Rage XL engines. ...
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] no more public exploits
    ... > for the vendor to publish a patch, then sysadmins should patch their ... The problem is that many vendors don't publish pure security patches, ... If you're dealing with a vendor who does pure security patches, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel
    ... > I maintain a number of servers and don't like to depend on a distro for ... > the kernel. ... > Having security patches in a 2.6..y would allow me to test the ...
    (Linux-Kernel)