Re: Sysadmins and Security Patches

From: Chip McClure (vhm3@hades.gigguardian.com)
Date: 05/18/02

Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chip McClure <vhm3@hades.gigguardian.com>
To: Stephen Zeigler <SZeigle@smud.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: inheriting a network
    ... I am familiar with both AD & W2k and I know LAN/WAN. ... Any other golden nuggets of admin ... > servers, a Virus scanner that was 2yrs out of date, the ... > I would start by running the Microsoft Baseline Security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: New to SMS - have a Collections question.
    ... I loaded the SMS Admin Console on the ... comprimise the security of the servers. ... SMS security is a bit different from normal Windows security. ... Access to objects is based on Security Rights (if you scroll down the list ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: inheriting a network
    ... Changed the passwords to the firewall and removed ... Any other golden nuggets of admin ... >> servers, a Virus scanner that was 2yrs out of date, the ... >> I would start by running the Microsoft Baseline Security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: inheriting a network
    ... Clearing the Firewalls is a good idea though. ... So far, I changed all admin ... >> servers, a Virus scanner that was 2yrs out of date, the ... And install updates, SP, and security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: New Job Advise
    ... Then change them all under the guise of basic security procedures, ... not to alarm or tick off the previous admin. ... users of all the servers change their passwords. ... considering my predecessor was a threat to the system. ...
    (Security-Basics)