RE: Host Security

From: Steve Vawter (svawter@zonelabs.com)
Date: 05/10/02

From: Steve Vawter <svawter@zonelabs.com>
To: "'ash'" <ashcrow@phreaker.net>, "Skokan, Paul" <Paul.Skokan@netapp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:04:00 -0700

One suggestion that I recall from a very old paper (either "There Be
Dragons" by Steven M. Bellovin 1992 or "An Evening with Berferd ..." by Bill
Cheswick 1991 (likely *the* original honey pot!)) talk of cutting the
transmit wires on any sensors that you use. I am not sure if this is still
workable on today's switches, but it may be with the right settings on the
port...

Steve Vawter
UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Zone Labs, Inc.