Re: Hacker Demo needed

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: 05/01/02

To: Joe McCray <ciscojoe@adelphia.net>
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:48:56 -0400

On Wed, 01 May 2002 07:34:27 PDT, Joe McCray <ciscojoe@adelphia.net> said:
> FW: Hacker Demo neededI'm curious if there are some mpeg's or avi's
> available for download somewhere of a demonstration of a hack . I'm working
> on a network security presentation for management (for non-geeks), that will
> detail basic security practices, and hopefully shed some light on the ease
> of hacking with today's script kiddie.

Somewhat dated, it's a BO2K stunt that somebody pointed me at - a co-worker
has been using it to great effect in his security presentations...

http://douglas.min.net/mirrors/altern.org/bo2kfun/best.html

OK.. It's not an mpeg or avi, but the images are self-explanatory. ;)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog
    ... File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog ... I don't have internet explorer to test but rfc 2616 describes some "security considerations". ... > extension without a sign of EXE, and issue no Security Warning dialog ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Some mail opens a blank page
    ... YW, Dan, and thanks again for your valuable feedback. ... Save that download link and Product or User ID for CA Internet Security ... and then run the Removal Tool to rid the machine of all Norton crapware. ...
  • Re: Short List of Security Questions
    ... Do you have a list of recommendations for windows? ... I think there are three separate aspects to PC security: ... get and download the latest Firefox and Thunderbird. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Most recent OSX Viruses.
    ... Apple has updated Java for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 addressing several ... security issues. ... Software Update in System Preferences or download directly from the Apple ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Smiley central Active X controls
    ... security setting was selected. ... It still will not allow me to download ... Does NOT monitor behavior on the Internet ... Why some spyware services may mistake Fun Web Products and its MyWebSearch ...