RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...

From: brian_carpio@csgsystems.com
Date: 04/25/02

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:06:31 -0600 (MDT)
From: brian_carpio@csgsystems.com
To: "Fallon, Benjamin" <bfallon@Businessedge.com>

VNC can be secure if you tunnel it throuhg SSH.

--------------
Brian Carpio
CSG Systems Inc.
Open Systems Unix System Admin

x3317
--------------

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Fallon, Benjamin wrote:

> VNC Isn't secure. Do a search on Security Focus @
> http://www.securityfocus.com/ .
>

> Ben

Relevant Pages

  • RE: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable modem s
    ... I work for Expertcity, the company that makes GoToMyPC, so you might want to ... Subject: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable ... then x-forwarding the *nix version of VNC that connects to the windows ... that's less secure again. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Have I been hacked Windows Server 2003?
    ... What I know is that VNC only encrypts password, ... The only really secure computer is one without a network. ... characters long password is not necessary secure. ... characters are automatically stored as NTLM Hash). ...
  • RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...
    ... VNC may not be secure, but in a classroom situation like this, its probably ... Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop... ... VNC Isn't secure. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Remote access solution
    ... >I've always recommended tunneling the whole VNC session through some type ... Actually, I don't think even the initial authentication is secure, you ... I'd say tacking a vpn on top would be a good idea. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: SecureIIS
    ... When using VNC, I always setup an SSH daemon on the server. ... Then I use these registry settings to make VNC secure: ... This way, the client connects via SSH, then port forwards the VNC port ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)