RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...

From: Mike Dawg (lists@addictzsystems.org)
Date: 04/25/02

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:14:24 -0600
To: Chris Santerre <csanterre@MerchantsOverseas.com>, security-basics@securityfocus.com
From: Mike Dawg <lists@addictzsystems.org>

The most secure way of doing this, would probably be using VNC through a
SSH tunnel. That is generally accepted as being secure.

Thanks

Mike

At 03:55 PM 4/24/2002 -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
>I use VNC here as well. However i would not call it secure. I have heard of
>people using it over a secure connection.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable modem s
    ... I work for Expertcity, the company that makes GoToMyPC, so you might want to ... Subject: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable ... then x-forwarding the *nix version of VNC that connects to the windows ... that's less secure again. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...
    ... Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop... ... Try VNC, the client sees everything the host does. ... He has a school provided Win2K Pro laptop that has been locked ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Have I been hacked Windows Server 2003?
    ... What I know is that VNC only encrypts password, ... The only really secure computer is one without a network. ... characters long password is not necessary secure. ... characters are automatically stored as NTLM Hash). ...
  • RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...
    ... VNC can be secure if you tunnel it throuhg SSH. ... > Subject: Re: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop... ... He has a school provided Win2K Pro laptop that has been locked ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...
    ... VNC may not be secure, but in a classroom situation like this, its probably ... Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop... ... VNC Isn't secure. ...
    (Security-Basics)