Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...

From: Timothy Hall (admin@TELE2WIN.NET)
Date: 04/23/02

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:04:38 -0400
From: "Timothy Hall" <admin@TELE2WIN.NET>
To: <@securityfocus.com <security-basics@securityfocus.com>>

Hey Folks!

I hope this forum is the right place to post this question... If not, sorry!

Background:
I'm a sys. admin. at a local high school and have the following situation...

There is a student taking a computer programming class that has a vison disability. He has a school provided Win2K Pro laptop that has been locked down very tightly... This laptop was provided to him to make learning easier for him. However, there is one problem... In order for him to funtion effectively in class he will need to be able to see a remote display of what his teacher is doing on her PC (which is hooked up to an LCD projector) on the screen of his PC. Is there a secure way of accomplishing this feat without using any of a number of trojan horse programs?

The network is Windows based instead of Novell, so ZENWorks is not an option...

Thanks for any help you can give in this!!!

TMTH HK H