Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...

From: Timothy Hall (admin@TELE2WIN.NET)
Date: 04/23/02

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:04:38 -0400
From: "Timothy Hall" <admin@TELE2WIN.NET>
To: <@securityfocus.com <security-basics@securityfocus.com>>

Hey Folks!

I hope this forum is the right place to post this question... If not, sorry!

Background:
I'm a sys. admin. at a local high school and have the following situation...

There is a student taking a computer programming class that has a vison disability. He has a school provided Win2K Pro laptop that has been locked down very tightly... This laptop was provided to him to make learning easier for him. However, there is one problem... In order for him to funtion effectively in class he will need to be able to see a remote display of what his teacher is doing on her PC (which is hooked up to an LCD projector) on the screen of his PC. Is there a secure way of accomplishing this feat without using any of a number of trojan horse programs?

The network is Windows based instead of Novell, so ZENWorks is not an option...

Thanks for any help you can give in this!!!

TîMöTH¥ ÇHîÇK Hª££

Relevant Pages

  • Re: where in registry can i change internet options: general & con
    ... please understand that your forum CAN resolve the issue but choose NOT to. ... established - the incompetence of leaving registry open to changes by my IT ... > And keep in mind that if your admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: SSL: Man in the middle-Gefahr konkret! / MD5-Sicherheit etc...
    ... und demselben Passwort. ... D.h. der Admin des einen Kontos kennt deine Zugangsdaten zu allen ... Oder der Typ, der eine XS* Schwachstelle in Forum YZ findet und deine ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Edna bricht aus!
    ... mit der Hintergrundmusik in Clinch gekommen - deswegen habe man .wav ... Aber *WAGT* es einmal in einem offiziellen Forum in gelinder Form einem ... Admin zusagen, er habe einfach in technischer Hinsicht keine Ahnung. ... um die EXE zu hacken. ...
    (de.rec.spiele.computer.adventure)
  • Re: Problems writing to clisp mailing list
    ... > of the forum for approval. ... > the admin still had not time to approve it. ... BTW, I use yahoo email system for the list, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: animierte gifs machen nur einen turn
    ... herzlichen Dank für Deine konstruktiven Ratschläge. ... Allerdings habe ich inzwischen in einem anderen Forum ... >Dein Admin hat gar nichts einzustellen. ... >Firewall, oder ist dafür auch Dein Admin zuständig? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)