Again on certification

From: Angelo Perniola (ASBB11@netscape.net)
Date: 04/20/02

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:36:58 +0100
From: Angelo Perniola <ASBB11@netscape.net>
To: "security-basics@securityfocus.com" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

Hello All.

I am following (in reality I am learning from) the list since a couple
of months now. Talking again about certifications, I hope somebody can
give me some advices about a choice I am facing in these days. I had a
professional career in the military, got a degree in engineering and I
am now getting my master degree in a technology related subject. My goal
is to work in the Computer Networks Security and I am studying as much
as I can now (very, very hard). I know that the best way to start is to
get experience "on the field", making some network administration and
similar. Anyway, even if it could appear useless, I want to enrich my CV
with a certification. If you should suggest me something, what would you
consider the most appropriate to my situation?
I hope I was clear and not out of subject for the list.

Thanks a lot,

Angelo Perniola

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Java, C# replacing C++ as primary language for desktop development?
    ... About certifications, I think it does not harm to have as many as you can. ... A far better email/newsgroups client than Outlook Express is Mozilla ... > The articles were interesting, and the "There is no language lower than ... > it on things that I will benifit from in the future (learning wise). ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Exam 70-305
    ... In order to study for these certifications, my intention is to learn all I ... can about the technology so that when I take the exam I can answer the ... Simply learning answers rote from thousands of multi-choice questions is ... > download the entire collection of questions for any MCP ...
  • Re: How can a person become a C# MVP
    ... technology and passion in learning. ... Concentrate on becoming a better developer, and you will become more valuable at the same time. ... So to get through the first screening, ... while taking some certifications and learn a lot. ...
  • Re: 70-291 - ouch
    ... week for 4 hours each learning nothing but Server 2003 doing labs and getting ... I love "playing" as I call it but learning really. ... I have no experience or certifications but would like for you to give ... rewards me for the more certifications I receive. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • i need to get mcp,mcse,mcsd,mcsa,mcdba,ccna,ccnp,urgent
    ... one man told me that a few people doing above certifications so ... me the reality ... Prev by Date: ...