RE: Password Checking Tool

From: Darlene Steeper (dsteeper@uwo.ca)
Date: 04/19/02

From: "Darlene Steeper" <dsteeper@uwo.ca>
To: <shirleyb@southwestmurals.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:48:31 -0400

Shavlik Technologies has a tool called Password Inspector. You can download
a trial version from their website. It will rate your passwords on a level
of security, how old it is and lots of other useful information. This will
only work for windows but you will be able to get your point across. My
other suggestion would be to put on your 'white hat' and use a tool like
lophtcrack and see how many passwords you can crack in 5 minutes.

Good luck, I'm fighting the same battle.
D.