RE: application security

From: Venkat, Sanjay (svenkat@kpmg.com)
Date: 04/05/02

From: "Venkat, Sanjay" <svenkat@kpmg.com>
To: "'Tejinder Singh'" <tsingh13@earthlink.net>, Idan Dolev <IDolev@interwise.com>, "Secuirty-Basics (E-mail)" <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:10:31 -0500

Idan

There are multiple areas that you need to consider to secure your
application.

1. Securing Authentication into the applications
2. Securing Access control to resources in the application
3. Of course hardening the network and OS level is important too.

Netegrity plays a role in Authentication and Access control

Okena is at the host bases intrusion detection level puts checks at the OS
level by preventing an application from performing a set of tasks.

You will need to identify the areas that need most attention and select the
right product.

If you are trying to build the most secure application, then you might need
multiple products.

Sanjay

You can find it at www.okena.com

Tsingh

At 11:09 AM 3/31/2002 +0300, Idan Dolev wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We are looking into a product that will secure our application. Do you know
>where can I get a competitive analysis of the current products ?
>
>Pros and Cons for Appshile or Siteminder ?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Idan Dolev
is unauthorized.

  • Re: Which Windows OS is Safest
    ... It's not specifically which is the safest OS, but how you go about securing ... These will help make any OS secure. ... >> I would like to know what is regarded as the safest Windows OS as I ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: LOGIN INFO secure at wwww.americanexpress.CA?
    ... a session, and all was secure. ... the particular point of concern was securing the login info itself, ... My guess is that the quality of support at Amex is such that they never ...
  • Re: Does FE mde need security?
    ... you are learning from your mistakes so this is just part of your learning process. ... In some situations just properly securing the BE will do just fine. ... If you secure the BE and the FE using the same workgroup file then no, ... you will not see two login screens. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Looking for One Time Pad Software, small with gui for WIN.
    ... Yes - securing the computer is the key to preventing a side-channel ... attack it. ... So if your OTP is implemented using secure, ... But the OP was talking about a OTP on a Windows PC. ...
    (sci.crypt)