Re: Re: Disk Wiping Utilities

From: dude@coruscant.net
Date: 03/28/02

From: dude@coruscant.net
To: bill_barrett@uhaul.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:50:32 -0500

I use a Low Level Format utility that is free from Maxtor. I have
used it many times and many different HD's and all have been very
successful.

Its FREE. you can download here:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10106-100-868553.html?
tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.868553

peace,
dude

> Try AutoClave
> http://staff.washington.edu/jdlarios/autoclave/
>

> dan.williamson@courts.state.pa.us writes:
> >

> >I am looking for a good utility to erase all hard drives
> >in a machine to a DOD standard. I would prefer a
> >FREE utility as this is a government agency and I try
> >to keep costs down.
> >
> >I have read that Norton Wipeinfo, BCWipe and
> >several other programs wipe only the known
> >partitions. I need a tool that will wipe EVERYTHING !
> >
> >TIA
> >Dan

This E-Mail was sent with Webmail from http://www.echostation.com.
However, Echo Station, NovaTech Web Services, or any other affiliated
company take no responsibility for the content or appropriateness of
any email sent utilizing this service.